Movement classes are for everybody. Whatever your starting point, now is always the best time to take the first step. Our classes are accessible to all levels and are structured to get you from point A to B (and then beyond). We want to make you stronger and more mobile, pain-free, and expand your movement vocabulary. We’ve taken many people through this process, and can do the same for you. Classes will introduce students to basic topics such as movement terminology, strength, mobility, coordination, and joint preparation.
The best way to get started… is to get started.
LOCALS: We’re happy to waive the drop-in fee for the first class if you register beforehand. You can use the form below, or e-mail us at email@example.com. Please register at least 24 hours in advance.
VISITORS: Please contact us first for more information about participating in our classes.
INTRO TO MOVEMENT (3rd Sunday of the month, 12pm – 2pm): The “Intro to Movement” class is a great first step to beginning a movement practice as well as a useful review for more experienced practitioners. This class focuses on the basics of a few specific subjects such as strength, joint health, coordination and groundwork. Movement terminology is refined and concepts are explained in depth. In this class, students will…
- Work with the spine to keep it healthy, supple, and pain-free
- Use various squatting and hanging tasks to keep the hips and shoulders functioning optimally
- Apply basic principles for quadrupedal crawling and transitioning around the floor
- Challenge themselves with two complimentary approaches to developing strength
- Improve their coordination with tools that rewire the systems in charge of all movement
- Learn new movement terminology, which will improve the ability to approach movement in general
To join the Intro to Movement class, you can register here. For more info, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org