The “Intro to Movement” class is a great first step to beginning a movement practice as well as a useful review for more experienced practitioners. This class focuses on the basics of a few specific subjects such as strength, joint health, coordination and groundwork. Movement terminology is refined and concepts are explained in depth.
In this class, students will…
- Work with the spine to keep it healthy, supple, and pain-free
- Use various squatting and hanging tasks to keep the hips and shoulders functioning optimally
- Apply basic principles for quadrupedal crawling and transitioning around the floor
- Challenge themselves with two complimentary approaches to developing strength
- Improve their coordination with tools that rewire the systems in charge of all movement
- Learn new movement terminology, which will improve the ability to approach movement in general
Details / Info
- Date: Sunday, February 16th, 2020
- Location: 2021 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami, FL, 33127 (Wynwood)
- Time: 12pm – 2pm
- Registration Link
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 786-470-7509.
What is a Movement Class?
A movement class is a journey through strength and mobility, movement intelligence, acrobatics, balance and body control.
The goal: to create an entirely new kind of creature: the mover – a person who can thrive within any physical situation, who can flow and improvise, who is strong, resilient, flexible, capable, expressive, and coordinated, and not just one or the other of these things.
The only requirement: Having a body.
Movement classes are for anybody who wants a process for improvement, and who isn’t addicted to their predispositions, but is interested in working with their weaknesses as well.
We are Republic of Movement, an Ido Portal mentorship-led movement studio in Miami. For more info, visit republicofmovement.com.